GO GO GLOW MIX
Yields 2.5 cups
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup almonds (or sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup mulberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate covered cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips (vegan versions of course!)
- I also added natural dried apple rings, but I was not a fan of their spongy texture
1. Mix together and enjoy for a quick pick me up!
MAKE-AHEAD GLUTEN FREE AND VEGAN LUNCHES, 4 OF 5
Avocado-lime and black bean salad
- 1 & 1/4 cup cooked black beans (from 1/2 cup dry)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or herb of choice)
- 1 avocado (cut this up and mix in just before serving)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 tsp ground cumin
- S & P, to taste
- Dash of maple syrup (or other sweetener), to taste
- 1/2 whole wheat pita OR use Gluten-free bread if required
- Nut butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut-free)
1. Mix together the cooked black beans, chopped cilantro, and onion. In a small jar or bowl, shake or whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, S & P, and maple syrup, to taste.
2. Pour on the dressing and mix well. Season well to taste (I love adding Herbamare). Just before serving, chop avocado and mix into salad. Serve with 1/2 a whole wheat pita and a banana and nut or seed butter.