Balsamic Black Bean Salsa
[Alright, so the big game is this weekend! One of the things people always get excited for is THE FOOD. Chili, hamburgers, supreme pizzas, hot dogs. See the theme in those foods? They are all (usually) full of meat. Which, you know, is a problem when you’re vegetarian. But, it is my firm belief that you do not have to be left out of partaking in the tradition of eating delicious food during the Super Bowl simply because you don’t eat meat. In fact, I’m pretty sure you can eat better. No, scratch that, completely sure. This salsa is my #1 recommendation for meat-free football food. It’s ridiculously easy to make, it is gorgeous, it can be eaten with your hands, it is healthy, and, most importantly, it is DELICIOUS. Obviously it can be (and should be) eaten on non-Super-Bowl-Sundays, but it is particularly appropriate for this weekends festivities! May the best team win *cough* Go Ravens! *cough*]
- 1 15oz. can of no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz. can of whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of salsa verde (if you like red salsa better, go ahead and use that instead)
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let the salsa marinade for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Serve with tortilla chips.