Minestrone Soup (based on Uncle Bill’s Vegetarian Minestrone)
Makes 8-12 servings
- 6c water
- 1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes (low sodium)
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes (low sodium)
- 1 can (16oz) great northern beans
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1c onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow (summer) squash, chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic, diced finely or pressed
- 1 handful of baby spinach, chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4tsp black pepper
- 1c small shells pasta, cooked
- Possible garnishes: Upton’s Italian Sausage seitan, warm crusty bread, shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large stock pot, saute carrots, onion, zucchini, squash, and garlic with 1/2 of the olive oil for about 2 mins.
- Add beans, both cans of tomatoes, water, spices, the remaining oil, and spinach cook over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook until the vegetables are tender, approximately 15-25mins.
- Serve over pasta.
If freezing, do not add the pasta to the soup.
14 Notes/ Hide
- lovelystatic likes this
- invitingeyes likes this
- cherylzou reblogged this from thelazyveggie
- nighthalos likes this
- brennachu likes this
- thewartornprovidenceofalina likes this
- goingoutsidethebox likes this
- stopgrinning likes this
- justburgers likes this
- fimbethil reblogged this from thelazyveggie and added:
- thelazyveggie posted this